[mythtv-users] MythNetvision jailed keyboard/mouse control

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 11:29:50 UTC 2010

>> In Mythnetvision I can usually play one video but then Myth loses
>> focus and I can no longer enter a new search criteria or choose
>> another video as Myth does not recognise any remote button presses.
>> I am using MythTV 0.23fixes via Mythbuntu.

> I had "Hide Mouse Cursor in MythTV" enabled and this prevented Myth from
> getting focus from NetVision because I could not click anywhere on the
> MythTV window. Go to Setup->Appearance an on the second screen you will
> see the "Hide Mouse Cursor in MythTV" option. Make sure it is disable
> (no check in the box). This will allow you to give focus back to Myth.

Thanks but this does not help with my problem.  I have the same
experience in MythNetVision as previous.

In MythNetVision when I return to the Search Box to enter a new search
term no remote buttons are processed so I can't type in a new search
criteria.

I leave the mouse pointer in the lower left of the screen, I can
search for one criteria but when I return and try to type in my new
text criteria via the remote no input is accepted.

In MythBrowser 2/4/6/8 mouse cursor controls usually do not work (on a
rare occasion they work) but scrolling up and down the page works fine
and the buttons work fine in normal MythTV so the remote is correctly
configured.  The Next/Previous Link buttons work fine on a simple text
page but on more complex pages they either do not work or the pages do
not show the current highlighted link very well.  It is very difficult
to see what link on a page is highlighted.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what I can do to try to track down
any of these problems?

I am using MythTV 0.23fixes via Mythbuntu.