[mythtv-users] scanning for clearqam channels

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Jun 13 12:13:15 UTC 2010

Using 0.23-fixes, I added an Hauppauge 950Q USB stick to my BE.

I added it as a tuner, associated the digital feed from schedules direct
with it and then proceeded to scan for channels.  I used the following
settings:

Desired Services: TV+Radio
Only Free: Y
Test Decryptability: N
Scan Type: Full Scan
Frequency Table: Cable
Modulation: Cable (QAM-256)
Scanning Range: QAM-256 Channel 2 - QAM-256 Channel T-14

It found a bunch of channels, but not nearly as many as I can view with
my clearQAM TV set.

Do I have to do multiple scans using different settings?  Are things
like STD, HRC and IRC mutually exclusive?  What about QAM-256 and
QAM-128 and QAM-64?  Could there be channels on all of those or will
they always be on only one?

For what it's worth, I am using Cogeco cable in Eastern Ontario.

Thanx!
b.