[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10 lirc irblaster serial homebrew hardware.conf

Björn Lundin b.f.lundin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 16:24:20 UTC 2010

2010/6/13 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:

>> I believe that irecord is dependant on lircd running,
>> so I think I got the config for lircd wrong.
>
> You _do not_want lircd running when creating a new remote config with
> irrecord.

OK, new try, killed all lircd but still no luck.

However, irrecord times out after 10 seconds, if  don't press any button.
But if I press buttons, it keeps running until 10 seconds after I
pressed the last button.
Still nothing on stdout though, and the file passed as last arg is 0 bytes.
But it does something then, I guess.

Tested several remotes, but the same result.

> Once you have the remote control configured, you can test it
> using irw when lircd is running.

Ok, but I'm not there yet

> Are you releasing the serial port using setserial? (Check your
> modprobe settings for lirc_serial)

Yes I am. And I get output from mode2 when I press buttons.
Should I get that even if setserial was not run?

> If you have problems recording your remote using irrecord, you can try
> to use irrecord in raw mode.

Still no go with raw mode (I guess you mean --force)

--
/Björn