[mythtv-users] Mythv-setup with Hauppauge nova-hd-s2 fails

Patrick Trübe iam165 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 14 05:56:11 UTC 2010

Hi Nick!

> The Nova-HD-S2 does not have an onboard MPEG-2 encoder, so it is
> incorrect to configure it as a hardware MPEG-2 card in MythTV. In
> order to be able to use the analogue tuner or S-Video input it must be
> configured as a V4L tuner.

Thank you for this
explanation!

> If you want to use the DVB-S/S2 capability (which you must, otherwise
> you've bought a very expensive framegrabber :) ) you configure the
> card as a DVB DTV card and configure the LNB [1] in mythtv-setup. Once
> this is done, you can start a tuned DVB-S/S2 scan using a known
> multiplex as a starting point. The fact that you are seeing DiSEqC
> errors is likely because the LNB is not configured.
>
> [1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/438261

	<!--
		@page { margin: 0.79in }
		P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }

	<!--
		@page { margin: 0.79in }
		P { margin-bottom: 0.08in }
	-->

I've configuret the card
with LNB settings as you've described it. I've tried to start a full
tuning with the starting frequency 11953. The result should be at
least the great local tv station ZDF. The tool dvbscan already tuned
it and listed it in channels.conf:

ZDF:11953:h:0:27500:110:120:28006

There seems to be an
error:

2010-06-14 09:38:52.327
2010-06-14 09:38:52.531
2010-06-14 09:39:25.603
Konnte die verfgbaren Eingange nicht ermitteln.

eno: Operation not supported (95)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.605
Konnte die verfgbaren Eingange nicht ermitteln.

eno: Operation not supported (95)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.608
Konnte die verfgbaren Eingange nicht ermitteln.

eno: Operation not supported (95)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.608
Konnte die verfgbaren Eingange nicht ermitteln.

eno: Operation not supported (95)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.609
Konnte die verfgbaren Eingange nicht ermitteln.

eno: Operation not supported (95)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.609
ProbeAudioInputs(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0,HDPVR)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.609
ProbeV4LAudioInputs(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.609
Konnte die verfgbaren Eingange nicht ermitteln.

eno: Operation not supported (95)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.609
ProbeAudioInputs(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0,HDPVR)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.609
ProbeV4LAudioInputs(/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)
2010-06-14 09:39:25.614
DiSEqCDevTree, Warning: No device tree for cardid 2
2010-06-14 09:39:45.056
XMLTVFindGrabbers: Failed to run tv_find_grabbers
2010-06-14 09:42:15.015
DVBChan(2:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) Error: Tune(): Setting
Frontend tuning parameters failed.

eno: Invalid argument (22)
2010-06-14 09:42:15.017
ChanImport: No channels to process..
2010-06-14 09:47:27.952
XMLParse: LoadTheme using
'/usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/keyboard/de_ui.xml'
2010-06-14 09:47:34.891
DVBChan(2:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) Error: Tune(): Setting
Frontend tuning parameters failed.

eno: Invalid argument (22)
2010-06-14 09:47:34.896
ChanImport: No channels to process...

There are some more
messages in dmesg:

[ 1083.858202] DVB:
adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 9738047 out of range (950000..2150000)
[ 1403.734614] DVB:
adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 9721994 out of range (950000..2150000)
[ 1710.025848] DVB:
adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 9749981 out of range (950000..2150000)
[ 1745.495842] DVB:
adapter 0 frontend 0 frequency 9749981 out of range (950000..2150000)

But i haven't entered a
frequency like these ones! Any ideas?

Patrick