[mythtv-users] Mythv-setup with Hauppauge nova-hd-s2 fails

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 14:13:13 UTC 2010

On 14 June 2010 06:56, Patrick Trübe <iam165 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've configuret the card
> with LNB settings as you've described it. I've tried to start a full
> tuning with the starting frequency 11953. The result should be at
> least the great local tv station ZDF. The tool dvbscan already tuned
> it and listed it in channels.conf:
>

> ZDF:11953:h:0:27500:110:120:28006

Use a starting frequency of 11953000 (MythTV DVB-S scan freqs are in
kHz, not MHz), horizonal polarity and a symbol rate of 27500000 and
see if this helps.

Also, double check your LNB settings are correct for your location.

Running mythtv-setup with "-v channel, channelscan, record" verbosity
may also give more indication where things are failing if the above
does not help.

--
Nick Morrott