[mythtv-users] Help needed for MultiRec

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 15 13:03:49 UTC 2010

On 15 June 2010 13:45, Alan Ferrero <alanf at tin.it> wrote:
>>> I checked the Kernel output looking for clues and noticed that my card's
>>> firmware (needed to operate the satellite part of it) got loaded 3 times
>>> (the third one, when I first selected "Watch TV") which is exactly the
>>> number of max recordings I previously set.
>>
>> I'm not convinced there's a connection - if you set it to 5, do you
>> see 5 attempts load the firmware? 3 seems like it might just be
>> coincidence.
>>
>> - Chris
>
> Hi, thanks for answering! :)
>
> I believe there's definitely a connection: I attempted various settings
> and the firmware gets always loaded as many times as "max number of
> recordings".
>
> Also, in the "Information Center" (frontend), there are correctly listed
> 6 available tuners (3 satellite, 3 terrestrial) but they are numbered
> from 15 to 20; shouldn't it be 1-6?
>

> Alan

You've added and deleted tuners...they stay in the sql database to
avoid conflict.

If you want to 'clean' the database you'll have to delete the existing
tuners, shut down mythtv-setup, shut down the mythbackend service,
restart the mysql database, restart mythbackend, re run mythtv-setup
and re-install the tuners.

Even using the above procedure it's sometimes not cleared them
properly and I've resorted to manually going into the database and
removing the tuner settings, while mythbackend was stopped of course.

I'd suggest doing this as keeping the tuners in a sensible order makes
life easier later.  Also it's pretty unlikely you'll need more then 2
multi rec tuners on a satellite feed because of the way the satellite
mux's are set up.

Regards