[mythtv-users] Hardware Wishlist: kitchen frontend

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Wed Jun 16 02:22:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Anthony Giggins
<seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> I was under the impression there was no mouse/touchscreen support in
> mythtv, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There is mouse support - the cursor is hidden, but it does work.

The trouble is, there's no "back" button in most menus and screens. I
believe there was talk of adding gesture support, but I don't know
what became of that.

A couple of hardware buttons (Escape, Play/pause, skip forward, faster
forward, rewind) would take care of pretty much everything a
touchscreen can't do, though, unless I'm forgetting something.

 - Chris