[mythtv-users] Hardware Wishlist: kitchen frontend

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 03:05:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Christopher Kerr <mythtv at theseekerr.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Anthony Giggins
> <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>> I was under the impression there was no mouse/touchscreen support in
>> mythtv, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> There is mouse support - the cursor is hidden, but it does work.
>
> The trouble is, there's no "back" button in most menus and screens. I
> believe there was talk of adding gesture support, but I don't know
> what became of that.
>
> A couple of hardware buttons (Escape, Play/pause, skip forward, faster
> forward, rewind) would take care of pretty much everything a
> touchscreen can't do, though, unless I'm forgetting something.

A numpad (is that what they are called, the mini keyboards that just
have the number etc keys usually found on the right of a full sized
keyboard) could be pressed into use. Some stickers over the keys and
remap then how you like.

In fact any set of switches can be pressed into use if paired up with
a chip out of an old keyboard.