[mythtv-users] how to troubleshoot network congestion problems with mythtv [solved]

Tim Coote tim+mythtv.org at coote.org
Wed Jun 16 13:18:53 UTC 2010

For completeness, I thought that I'd note that I've fixed this:
- the behaviour was anomalous, ping times are now stable at ~4.5ms and
I know what to look for
- the root cause was a Nintendo DS plugged into a mains socket. I
don't know whether the transformer is broken or just letting through
spikes from the DS onto the mains.

I'm still getting odd spikes, but at least I know that this shouldn't
happen and I ought to be able to isolate offending items.

Tim