[mythtv-users] OT: dead motherboard or video card?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jun 16 21:59:48 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 15:41 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:

> I also tried removing all the PCI cards from the machine except the
> video card; still text mode only.

OK, I have seen it all now. I have seen machines where I had to swap
cards between slots to avoid IRQ sharing issues. I thought that was
strange. But this is different.

I had forgotten that I removed the PVR-500 card (thanks to Comcrap, that
card is pretty much useless now). I put it back in, so that there are
now cards in every slot, and poof! Everything works. I have never before
seen a machine that won't work right unless every slot is full, but
there you go. I guess the PVR-500 isn't completely useless )-:

--Greg