[mythtv-users] Help needed for MultiRec

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 17 06:47:35 UTC 2010

On 16 June 2010 15:13, Alan Ferrero <alanf at tin.it> wrote:

>> Not true.
>>
>> If you want to remove traces of all configured capture cards in the
>> database, run mythtv-setup (without mythbackend running) and choose
>> the "Delete All Capture Cards" option on the capture cards screen.
>> This truncates the relevant capture card tables and resets numbering.

Sorry my typo, I meant with mythbackend off, however certainly up
until .21 fixes I found that Delete All did not always correctly
remove the cards from the database unless you shutdown the sql server
and restarted it.  It's quite possible from .22 on that the problem
has been fixed as I haven't changed my card configuration since then.
I have manually in the past had to go into the sql database and remove
cards to ensure a new clean setup.