[mythtv-users] Need help with mce usb remote control

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 18 04:22:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> I read some posts on another list that implied lirc broke when they updated
> fedora-12, which I had done a few days before receiving this mce setup.
>  Maybe the update broke something  :-( .  Anyhow, it's working now.

There *is* a combination of lirc kernel driver and lirc userspace that
have mismatching ioctl definitions, but if you're running the latest
kernel and latest lirc builds, all should be well. Certainly could
have been a bad combination of those two (my fault on that one,
shouldn't happen again, until we go and alter the ioctl interface defs
coming up shortly here as part of the lirc upstream merge effort...)
:)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com