[mythtv-users] Manual, or less frequent, EIT crawl?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:08:50 UTC 2010

On 18/06/2010 4:56 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5754
>
> But I still maintain that the OP is doing himself a disservice by not
> paying $20 for a Schedules Direct membership so he can get free,
> extremely-high-quality, detailed, long-term listings that MythTV can use
> to schedule input usage most effectively. But if all he wants is a
> glorified VCR with a list of what plays in the next 8 hours or so, I
> suppose using EIT in the US will work.

I realise that Schedules Direct is the best way to go, but if he doesn't
have/can't afford/doesn't want to pay for a SD membership, he can always
take advantage of the "Microsoft Media Center" listings services with
mc2xml (http://mc2xml.110mb.com/). I'm personally using it on my
backend, and it works fantastically (I wrote the tv_split addendum on
that site to overcome a major shortcoming in mythfilldatabase).

HTH