[mythtv-users] .24 Audio results: mixed

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:20:25 UTC 2010

Hi

On Saturday, June 19, 2010, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:

> Ok, exiting mythfrontend after changing to PulseAudio:default avoids the hang, and I get audio for the non-dolby digital
> channels, but dolby digital comes out at noise. If I change the selection to stereo, I get sound, but only in stereo, no dolby
> digital pass through.
> Same results with ALSA:Pulse.

I don't know if it's a language thing, or if you have selected reading
by ignoring consistently some part of my answers.

But I'll say it again:
PULSE IS STEREO ONLY BY DEFAULT
AC3, DTS won't work.

Do NOT select 5.1 or 7.1 if you select pulse.

And another thing because you seems to keep insisting otherwise:
Do NOT select 7.1 with SPDIF

> BTW ALSA:default was gone again. It is strange, but that is the ONLY setting that allows the dolby digital pass through to work.

I explained why twice already