[mythtv-users] Mythweb lock-out

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Jun 19 17:26:34 UTC 2010

Brent Bolin wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Mike Perkins
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>> <sigh>
>> I mis-tpyed a standard maintenance command on my master backend server and
>> couldn't recover, so ended up re-installing the operating system.
>> </sigh>
>>
>> Much to my inordinate surprise everything works, with the sole exception of
>> mythweb. If I try to access as previously I just get:
>>
>> "You don't have permission to access the requested directory. There is
>> either no index document or the directory is read-protected."
>>
>> Now, it seems that the version of myth that I re-installed has had the web
>> permissions changed - by the packager, I presume - and I can't find in the
>> archives what one needs to do to fix this. I hope someone can jog my memory,
>> my apache-fu isn't that great (and I'm fighting indifferent health as well).
>>
>> My /etc/httpd/conf/webapps.d/mythweb.conf contains:
>>
>> -------------------------------
>> Alias /mythweb /var/www/mythweb
>>
>> <Directory /var/www/mythweb>
>>    Order allow,deny
>>    Allow from all
>> </Directory>
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> There appears to be nothing else, no .htaccess file or anything.
>>
>> I'm running Mandriva 2010.0 and the myth version is:
>>
>> 0-22-fixes [0.22-24255.1mdv2010.0]
>>
>> Yes, I know that it's 0.22, but even if I upgrade to 0.23 I'm going to be
>> facing the same problem (and given my luck, I'd have WAF through the floor
>> right now). Any other Mandriva users out there with an answer?
>>

> Try reseting the passwd from myth control center.  Or disable/enable
> mythweb plugins.

Password? Myth Control Centre? Mythweb Plugins? I don't think any of these exist
in Mandriva.

There's nothing to apply a password to, anyway. There is no .htaccess or
anything like that. ISTR that there were plans to ditch that approach, but I
can't find the reference to what replaced it.

--

Mike Perkins