[mythtv-users] Vuvuzela filter

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jun 20 02:34:16 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Dan <dansto.well+myth at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/6/16 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
>> Hi
>>
>> On 17 June 2010 02:11, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi

> :)))
>
> In our research group we created a slightly more intricate filter (a
> kind of notched adaptive median filter). Video discussion on Reuters
> http://bit.ly/aXbN1y , webpage with open-source LADSPA plugin
> http://bit.ly/945qEG . In theory our filter should preserve more of
> the intelligibility of the other sources, but there may be some
> artefacts, so it's not clear which gives the better listening
> experience...

Played with the 0.23-fixes patch today while watching Cameroon v.
Denmark today. Didn't really seem to make that much of a difference,
seemed to just dull all audio. Wondering if I did something wrong, or
if the 0.23 patch just isn't as functional as the trunk one... Or if I
just had unrealistic expectations.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com