[mythtv-users] Broken recordedseek table - what next?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 06:55:33 UTC 2010

On 21/06/2010 12:21 AM, David Whyte wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Nick Rout<nick.rout at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> What now? Is there a way to repair it?
>>

> I often run the 'repair' options from the MythWeb>  Settings pages
> when I get corrupt tables.

If repairing simply won't work (Which it seems, from the log posted, has
been tried and failed), you could always drop and re-make the table,
then use mythcommflag to rebuild the seek tables. That would take a
while, but would ensure you have few problems.

Of course, you could always use the backup that the cron job produced to
re-create the table, and mythcommflag to rebuild the missing seek table
entries. This would reduce the time spent rebuilding, but would rely on
you being able to pick the correct create/insert statement block(s) from
the backup.