[mythtv-users] MythNetvision and WMV
r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Mon Jun 21 14:46:41 UTC 2010
Here are a few comments:
1) If a tag is going to have no data then do not include the tag at all.
In the case of author just hard code "<author>HirTV</author>".
2) The description you have should be text about the news story although
the URL you have does no harm either way,
3) The "<link>" URL should be to the Web page for that specific News
video. It is likely that MythBrowser tries to process the
"http://www.hirtv.hu/filmek/hirado21/hirado20100613.wmv" but is not
capable of direct playback. You cannot always assume MythBrowser will
play everything a alternate browser (e.g. Firefox) can play back. All
"links" are processed by MythBrowser. The Internal player is not used
directly by Netvision.
4) Leave your "media:content" URL as it is now. With the Link changed to
a web page and the "media:content" URL being a file link MNV will know
that the video can be downloadable and reflect that in its menu for this
item. Once downloaded the wmv file can be played by any capable video
5) For the thumbnail either set the link to your grabber icon for
example "%SHAREDIR%/mythnetvision/icons/bbciplayer.jpg" is for the BBC
iPlayer icon OR set the URL to the logo on the HirTV web site. It will
looks better. The "%SHAREDIR%" will be dynamically resolved by Netvision
at display time. You would of course need to create an icon for your
grabbers. A base icon is provided in trunk and can be edited with
In a reply please include the URL (web site or RSS feed) which you are
using to create your item data. I may have additional comments in
regards to your questions about "wmv" playback.
More information about the mythtv-users