[mythtv-users] playback stutters after playing for a while

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:46:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Robert Johnston <anaerin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say anything that starts taking CPU time away from X and mythfrontend.
> Though it seems unusual that X is taking CPU time. What video renderer are
> you using?

I will check this out tonight and post top logs if things go screwy.
I guess I was also wondering if the Sempron 3100+ chips throttle
themselves due to heat or if either the video card or CPU can degrade
in performance over time.  The latter seems weird to me: hardware
doesn't just wear out like that, or so I thought, but I could be wrong
on that.