[mythtv-users] Lirc_serial and mceusb

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Jun 22 01:50:59 UTC 2010

> I have a Fedora 13 box that I would like to run a usb receiver and a IR
> blaster on my serial port. My bios reports one serial port is installed.
> IRQ 4.

If you are using an MCEUSB then why not just use the blaster plugged into
the back of it - works well for me and has done for a couple of years.

If you have one of the old models that didn't come with an IR LED then you
just need a 3.5mm jack, a cable and the LED itself - change out of $2 from
Jaycar or whatever your country equivalent is.

--
Robin Gilks