[mythtv-users] Adding another tuner to Mythbuntu 10.04 running .23-fixes

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Tue Jun 22 01:51:24 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the best way to go about this?
>

> Run mythtv-setup and remove all
> Shutdown and install the new card
> Run mythtv-setup and reinstall all tuners
>
> Any input would be appreciated

Seems overly complex to me. I've had no problems with "Plug it in, run
mythtv-seup, add the new capture card, create the input connection,
have lunch, check that new schedule is correct", even for USB tuners
that I've plugged in whilst the system was running.

I suppose this method might be undesirable if you use the "add the
tuners in the right order" method for helping LiveTV play nice with
MultiRec, but that's about it.

That said, since setting up capture cards only takes a few seconds, I
can't see any harm in your way, since it'll leave the video sources
and channel listings alone.

- Chris