[mythtv-users] Scheduling bug? Two episodes at same time

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Wed Jun 23 02:22:00 UTC 2010

Definitely a bug, or perhaps one could argue it's a limitation in the
database schema design. I worked around this by manually changing the
starttime on the duplicate entries. For example, the starttime for USA
vs. Algeria is '2010-06-23 09:30:00' (standard) but the starttime for
England vs Slovia is now one second later ('2010-06-23 09:30:01').
Everything appears as if it will work correctly, but I can't know until
tomorrow morning.

Changing the starttime also untangled the confusion I was seeing with
overrides. With standard startttimes, overriding one game ("do not
record") would X out both games at that time. My guess (without delving
into the code) is that the database operations assume that
rule+starttime is unique.

Just to make this fun, the schedule provider changed the title for all
games from "2001 World Cup Soccer" to "FIFA Copa Mundial". Had I not
done a full refresh due to a mysql mishap that would have trickled in
over days. (Stupid me, not doing a database backup before using mysql,
but it worked out to my benefit.) Any way, I've turned off updating and
EIT for the next days.

Len