[mythtv-users] Odd video playback behavior

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Wed Jun 23 02:28:42 UTC 2010

> It's currently set to CPU++, there is an option for VDPAU, I select the
> the
> High Quality option just now, all that does is make the front end hang on
> playback.
>
> My hardware is ASUS EeeBox PC B202
> http://uk.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=QUObl5lSRQQ3lSqJ
>
> Model: Eee Box B202
> Operating System: Genuine Windows® XP Home, GNU Linux
> CPU & Chipset: Intel Atom N270 & Intel chipset
> Ethernet Communication: Gbt. LAN
> Memory: 1GB
> Wireless Data Network WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n
> Input / Output
> DVI-Out / USB×4(2 in front, 2 in rear)
> Headphone-out jack (SPDIF*) x 1/ MIC x 1
> *S/PDIF is only compatible with Genuine Windows XP and Vista
> Storage    160 GB HDD SATA II
>
> BTW the sound works great in Linux despite what ASUS say.

Looks to me thats not the ION version of the EEEBox so VDPAU is going to
be useless to you and its likely it wont have the grunt to playback your
content, I had similar issues with an old 3GHz P4 it didn't have the grunt
to playback HD mkv files, needed some VDPAU cababile hardware yo make this
smooth.

Cheers,

Anthony

Anthony