[mythtv-users] Recording Priority = 99 not a trump all?

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:13:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net>wrote:

> This does not answer my question.
>
> if I select "Record this showing", I might as well be using an old dumb
> VCR.
>
> The problem has never been conflicts. I have 5 tuners in my system. The
> lower priority channels it has chosen have been on the
> same tuner as a higher priority HD channel. At the time, multi-rec was not
> enabled. The event was scheduled as "record at any
> time on any channel" I would assume that it should pick the higher priority
> channel when it has a choice of two channels on the
> same tuner, but this is not what happens.
>
> I will ask again:
>
> What is the intent of tuner priority, and channel priority?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Scheduler#Priority

Tuner priority will cause the scheduler to prefer a specific input when
assigning recordings.  All other priority values are a lump sum of total
priority used to determine what to record, as I understand it.  In that
case, channel priority is just another mechanism to increase the total
priority of a recording.

Kevin