[mythtv-users] Netgear EVA9150 and MythTV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 23 23:51:24 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, June 23, 2010 05:32:00 pm Jason Ward wrote:

> Digging deeper
> http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/multimedia-voip/multimedia-voip-reviews/308
> 02-netgear-eva9150-digital-entertainer-elite-reviewed the EVA9150 does
> apear to be powered by Sigma device, the SMP8634
> apparently http://www.sigmadesigns.com/products.php?id=59.  From my
> limited understanding (almost none) it says all the right words.

As I suspected, almost a Myka, which is:

Myka is driven by the Sigma Designs SMP 8635.  This is a SOC.  It provides CPU and digital signal processing
capabilities.  All of the signal outputs provided by Myka come directly from the SMP 8635.  All the other compents; hard
drive, networking, memory are standard components.
I can telnet into my Myka, maybe I should re-start my investigation of using it as a frontend for Myth.

> *sigh* oh well, I guess my introduction to Linux via hacked routers
> (which have almost no cpu power and barely any ram at all) has left me
> in the hope/view that anything that runs Linux can be made to run a
> hacked/better version.

I've managed to get a Slug (linksys NSLU2) to do a LOT of things I would have thought impossible, so never say never.