[mythtv-users] Recording Priority = 99 not a trump all?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jun 24 00:02:05 UTC 2010

David Engel <david at istwok.net> says:
> No, the priority scheme is not broken.  Your understanding of how
> the scheduler uses it is broken.  When SchedMoveHigher is enabled,
> the scheduler moves recordings around one at a time and the first
> fit wins.  it does not continue on looking for "better" fits.
> Consequently, recordings might get moved to lower priority inputs or
> channels.

David, would the developers be interested in committing Martin
Long/Bill Cizek's two-pass scheduler
(<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/435554#435554>)?
When I've used it in the past it has helped with such situations.

--
MythTV FAQ Q: "Cheap frontend/backend?" A: Revo, $200-300 @ Newegg
Q: "Record HD cable/satellite?" A: Hauppauge HD-PVR, $200 @ Newegg