[mythtv-users] another scheduling mishandling

David Engel david at istwok.net
Thu Jun 24 15:24:27 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:50:58AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I do have Reschedule Higher Priorities disabled in an effort to get
> "best fit" per the other ongoing thread.  Changing that either way
> didn't seem to make a difference.

The scheduler does not use "best fit".  It always uses first fit with
some simple heuristics.  One of those heuristics is using priority to
control the order in which things are tried.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:13:41AM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 09:50 -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> > But that makes me wonder, do I in fact want to increase the priority of
> > the digital versions of channels?
>
> I should have held off sending until I tried this because it reveals
> something very interesting.  I did try to increase channel priorities
> for all of the digital channels that are on that one multiplex that
> *should* be able to record both The Office and Rookie Blue.  The
> re-scheduling did in fact move Rookie Blue to the digital channel that
> should allow both programs to record:

Your testsched does not show this.  It still shows Rookie Blue being
recorded on CITI 3 which will prevent The Office from being recorded
on WGRZ 11.

> Interestingly the above schedule, as well as that testsched output I
> gave a link to in the last e-mail seems to only find the analog showing
> of The Office on WGRZ but finds both the analog and digital showings of
> Rookie Blue on WWTI.

Not seeing The Office on WGRZ 11 looks like a listings problem and
should be investigated.

David
--
David Engel