[mythtv-users] Dish Network and HD-PVR

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 19:33:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 Brian C. Huffman wrote:
>..BTW - what do you use as your channel changing script? I also have a problem where sometimes I get no audio when recording from the HDPVR and I find that if I just exit and go back into liveTV (or restart the recording), it fixes the problem. I'm suspicious that it has something to do >w/ the timing between the channel changes and the start of the recording.

See my other post for what is for me a more reliable channel changing script:
used with either the two patches or extra delay.

I think the audio loss is due to the HDPVR not liking an interrrupted
AC3 stream when channels change, which is why I have the dish box
only output PCM. I know you lose quality by decoding and reencoding,
but I'd rather have slightly lower quality than lose the audio altogether.

Mark