[mythtv-users] I thought I understood HDMI audio, but...

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Jun 27 21:51:36 UTC 2010

I just bought a Vizio E421VA at Sams, and I'm having trouble
understanding the HDMI and audio parts.  I thought the video signal was
on the HDMI cable and the audio was on a separate audio cable (rca
connector style). As I understand it, integrated video and audio on HDMI
is just  happening now with some of the  latest nvidia boards.

I was planning to use the two cable solution, but the TV doesn't seem to
work that way.  I asked Vizio tech support, and they expected to have
the signal integrated.  Their instruction manual shows the two cable
method, but it didn't work (HDMI #2 is mated with the PC audio
connector).  How should it work?

PS - I didn't notice it at first, but all the HD TVs at Sam's were
running with the component inputs...kind of ironic.