[mythtv-users] Frontend quits on load

Douglas Hitchcock clarkaddison at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 22:22:35 UTC 2010

I'm in a very similar situation, I just upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04 and my
frontend is segfaulting very similarly.  my console looks just like yours, i
have the strange mount error (though mine is looking for /dev/sde), then
Segmentation Fault.

if I run mythfrontend --reset, and then run mythfrontend it will work once
(though it loads kinda slowly).  eventually the menu comes up, everything
seems to work fine.  I don't change any settings, I exit, and try and load
mythfrontend again and it segfaults again.  So running mythfrontend --reset
everytime seems like a terrible solution, especially since I don't like the
default theme!  Have you gotten any farther?