[mythtv-users] 0.22->0.23 slave tuners "not available"

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jun 28 14:27:15 UTC 2010

Greg Mitchell wrote:
>> I'll keep digging, but I thought I'd check in here as well.
>
> Posting to this list seems to always get me to solve the problem.
>
> Turns out that the slave backend had it's "backend IP" set to the
> master's IP - I'm not sure why that happened, or how that's even
> possible.  Reading through the pages of mythtv-setup more closely, I
> changed it to 127.0.0.1 and now everything looks normal again.

Uh, what? If this is really a slave backend, then the "Backend IP" /should/ be
set to that of the master - that's the only way it know there /is/ a master and
that it is itself a slave.

(ie the master has both IP addresses set the same. Any slave has it's own IP
address as the top entry, and the master's as the second entry.)

You should only ever be using 127.0.0.1 as any IP address if the box is a
stand-alone backend-frontend combo.

--

Mike Perkins