[mythtv-users] Lineup question

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 29 11:49:18 UTC 2010

On 06/28/2010 06:49 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 6/28/2010 4:52 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
>> It seems like Comcast has finally gotten around to blocking most of my
>> analog stations. So, I'd like to re-schedule them to use my HD-PVR. I
>> just looked at my SchedulesDirect lineup and I see that the lineup that
>> the HD-PVR uses doesn't have any of those channels. So, can I just add
>> in the ones I want/need, then tell Myth to use the HD-PVR as the
>> preferred input?
>
> I don't think they're "blocking" analog.
>
> They've discontinued it. There is no signal to unblock. It's gone.
>
> Just thought I'd mention it.
>
>  -Ben

Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. :-)  Many of the channels that
were in the basic 2-99 (just plug in the cable to the TV and you're in
business) finally got discontinued.  I can still get them via my Comcast
STB, so I wanted to move my recordings on those channels to use the
HD-PVR.  That was what I was getting at with my original question.

Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the clarification.
Harry