[mythtv-users] 0.22->0.23 slave tuners "not available"

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Tue Jun 29 16:21:37 UTC 2010

> Uh, what? If this is really a slave backend, then the "Backend IP"
> /should/ be set to that of the master - that's the only way it know
> there /is/ a master and that it is itself a slave.
>
> (ie the master has both IP addresses set the same. Any slave has it's own
> IP address as the top entry, and the master's as the second entry.)

There's two IPs on the first setup screen of mythtv-setup.  The slave had
both set to the same - and they were both the actual master's IP (!)

> You should only ever be using 127.0.0.1 as any IP address if the box is a
> stand-alone backend-frontend combo.

Is 127.0.0.1 not ok for the "Backend IP" (note, not "Master Backend IP")
on a slave backend?  I can change it to the slave's actual IP, but I was
just being lazy.  Things seem to be working ok, but if it's all an
illusion, I'll fix it.

Greg