[mythtv-users] Why won't MythBuntu shut down?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 19:38:31 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 8:51 AM, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running a fresh install of MythBuntu 10.04 x64.  When I exit as far out
> as I can and choose "Exit and Shutdown" the machine never shuts down or
> exits MythFE.  I have to choose to Exit and then shut the machine down
> through XFCE.  I thought I read a bug fix where 10.04 mythbuntu was having

<snip>

Suggest you:
1) Check the logs to see if there is a helpful clue
2) Check the gossamer threads mailing list archive for clues

IIRC, the problem I had required that the right user (whatever is
running MythTV BE, or maybe it was the FE?) needed to have an entry
allowing that user to invoke the right command (halt? shutdown?)
without requiring a password (**ever!**).

Sorry I can't be more specific -- I'm on the road right now.

Craig.