[mythtv-users] Conflict between libmyth-python versions?

j2u4 j2u4 j2u44u at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 02:25:11 UTC 2010

Using the latest pkgs from Lucid, I get a MVSCHEMA_VERSION mismatch between
pkg libmyth-python_0.23.0+fixes24158-0ubuntu2
and mythtv-database_0.23.0+fixes24158-0ubuntu2

The error when running mirobridge is:

2010-06-29 20:20:30.307 Python Database Connection: MythVideo schema
mismatch: we speak 1032 but database speaks 1028

This is likely a packaging problem on ubuntu, or somehow I've monkeyed
things up on my own system, but I thought I'd ask some general questions
about it here:

Do you think I can find a version of libmyth-python that speaks 1028?

Would it be better to find a version of mythtv-database that speaks 1032
(and upgrades my db schema)?

Are these the only two packages that should be involved in this schema
version mismatch?

And lastly, one for the ubuntu packagers, how in the world does this happen?
Are the packages with the same pkg version number really mismatched, or is
some of this versioning stuff done via update scripts? Could it be that I'm
really okay, and someone just forgot to update the data column of
mythvideo.DBSchemaVer?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
-j