[mythtv-users] DTS Passthrough

mythtv mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 30 03:49:56 UTC 2010

I just upgraded from 0.22 to 0.23.  In 0.22, I had DTS passthrough working
on my Zotac ION board going to my DTS receiver over the coax output.  Both
DTS and AC3 worked fine for mkv files in both myth and mplayer.  DTS tracks
would show up as DTS on the receiver so I had that confirmation before.

Since upgrading to 0.23, I no longer get any DTS streams to the receiver.
The receiver shows the format of the stream and everything I'm getting now
is Dolby Digital.  It seems to be re-encoding the DTS stream to AC3 because
I DO have surround sound, just no longer in DTS format.  mplayer still
continues to work with DTS but I would rather play everything back with
Myth's internal player.

I've tried as many combinations of settings that I can think of and I've
searched the lists, since I thought I recalled seeing someone else with this
problem before, but I have not found a solution.  Can anyone help with the
settings?  Or is this even possible?

My current settings are:

Audio output device: ALSA:spdif
Speakers configuration: 5.1
Upconvert stereo to 5.1: unchecked
Upmix: Best
Digital output device: ALSA:iec958:{ AES0 0x02 }
Dolby Digital: checked
DTS: checked
Advanced Audio Config: unchecked

I also have Use internal volume controls unchecked

Thanks for any help.