[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

James Crow crow.jamesm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:50:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps a lirc user group is better? But, I don't know of any and the
> doc on the lirc site isn't too helpful for me.
>
> Hoping someone can help me.
>
> IGUANA:
> I purchased an IguanaIR. It took me a while to get this working under
> Ubuntu 10.04, but I finally can flash the IR transmitter successfully
> and consistently
> Yeah!
>
> LIRC:
> lirc seems to be my problem.
> I seemed to have needed to dnl/configure/install LIRC since iguanaIR
> was not in the Ubuntu LIRC package.
> I did that. Now when I type:
>
> $ sudo lircd -H=?
> Driver `=?' not supported.
> Supported drivers:
>        iguanaIR

I think the syntax is:
sudo lircd -H iguanaIR
I also think you only need to pass the driver for testing. Your
configuration file lists the driver to use and the init.d script
references it.

> So, by this command, I assume I have iguanaIR successfully installed in LIRC
>

> There is no /dev for lircd (like /dev/lirc0) so I created one.
> But, everytime I start lircd and try irsend it times out:

On my 10.04 system (with MCE remote), the /dev/lirc0 device is created
when the kernel module loads. /dev/lircd is a link pointing to
/var/run/lirc/lircd which is a socket. The socket exists whether or
not lircd is running.

> $ sudo irsend  send_once DC50X Enter
> irsend: timeout
>
> Then when I look at dmesg:
>
> [82561.692642] lircd[30807]: segfault at 0 ip 000000000040eafa sp
> 00007fff2d440ec0 error 4 in lircd[400000+17000]
>

> What could be going on?

<snip>