[mythtv-users] Jamu errors - config file or jamu.py?

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Tue Mar 2 01:40:20 UTC 2010

Tim,
    I have looked at the offending jamu code and you have a
sub-directory name or file name in your video directories that could not
be encoded into a utf-8 string. I will need more time to see how this
can be handled. It may be that the dir or file should just be skipped
but until I make a code change or that dir or file is removed/renamed
the code will abort.

    If you are not using NFS (network file shares) or only have a single
MythTV backend you can avoid that section of code by adding the "-N"
option. e.g
 >./jamu.py -l en -C "/home/<user>/jamu/jamu-config-cust.conf" -sMV -N >
"/home/<user>/jamu/jamu.log"

You will always need to add the "-N" option unless the jamu code is changed.

Specifically the "-MJ" Janitor option is of concern when you add the
"-N" option but ONLY if you have multiple backends that share NFS
directories for their MythVideo images. That would be a case where you
do not want to use this combination of options "-MJ -N" without knowing
what you are doing.

I cannot guarantee that jamu will not have issues with the offending dir
or file name but at least you can get around the code that is aborting
and it will do no harm.

Doug