[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Issues

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 2 02:19:20 UTC 2010

I've Googled but can't find any resolutions for this, although I've seen
it posted about a couple of times.

My HD-PVR doesn't seem to want to record anymore.  Using cat /dev/video0
 > test.ts, it will capture for about ten seconds and quit.  Under Myth
Live TV, if I go to a channel only available on the HD-PVT tuner, I get
a black screen and the frontend is totally locked up (I have to
CTRL-ALT-DEL, the go to the system monitor and kill the thread).  This
is under Ubuntu 9.10.  My STB is set to 720P output and I am using SPDIF
audio and I change channels via firewire, no blasting.

Does anyone remember if there is a resolution for this, or do I need to
send this one back to Hauppauge?

Thanks,
  Jeff.