[mythtv-users] Starting recordings early and finishing late not working

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:42:05 UTC 2010

On 2 March 2010 17:18, Vince Coen <vbcoen at btconnect.com> wrote:
> To my knowledge there are 2 places where this is done:
>
> 1. in the initial set up for background, section 1. General, I think.
> 2. Via frontend in Set up and profiles also via another menu option called
> Profiles

Option 1 provides "soft" padding which will be discarded if it
conflicts with a recording.
Option 2 provides "hard" padding and, if it overlapps with another
recording, will cause one or the recordings to be skipped.

As I understand it, changes to option 2 will not modify any existing
recording rules.  Only new ones you create using that profile.

Try looking at your upcoming recordings.  Select one and edit its
recording rule.