[mythtv-users] mpeg4 on Ion ?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Mar 2 22:05:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 02:30:34PM -0500, Dan Wilga wrote:
> On 3/2/10 1:01 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> >Xvid/DivX requires a graphics chip
> >supporting feature set C, which means a Geforce 200M series chip [2].
> >Ion chipsets only support feature set B
>
> Ack. Well, that saved me some trouble. I was planning on buying a
> Revo for a FE at some point, and most of my content has already been
> transcoded to MPEG4.
>
> Anybody have a good script to convert files en-masse, without
> affecting other properties?

   Is your stuff HD or SD?

   The limitations of the Revo in this respect are not as big of a deal with
the SD content. Although I would expect it to be a problem with HD stuff. A
ran an appletv and it handled myth recordings transcoded with the default
MPEG4 transcoder just fine (even HD). IONs have less raw CPU power than an
appletv though.

   Apparently the ION2 stuff is not that far off.