[mythtv-users] Improved playback groups

Bill keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 02:02:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 16:47 -0800, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
<snip>
> I would really appreciate extra testing and feedback from people who
> are interested and capable of trying this out.  There are like 50-60
> settings that can be controlled, and obviously I haven't tested all of
> them, plus the UI isn't fully satisfying.
<snip>

Jim;

Perhaps poor timing on my part (given the freeze) but, I started
testing.  Actually only 1 test - of AutoCommercialSkip.  Seems
that adding the enhancement turns this off for all recordings.
Even those in the Default group.  Skipping did work and flagging
still does.

I'm using v4 of the patch on top of 23658.

Before I try to test other settings, would you be kind enough
to look at http://www.pastebin.ca/1822093 and tell me that
what was added via the GUI is expected/correct?

Also, should the results be reported to this list?  One at at time
or in batch?

Thanks,

Bill Meek
New, but delighted MythTV user.