[mythtv-users] Improved playback groups

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 04:29:52 UTC 2010

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Bill <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jim;
>
> Perhaps poor timing on my part (given the freeze) but, I started
> testing.

Not at all, since I'm not a dev and there was never a chance of this
going into 0.23.

> Actually only 1 test - of AutoCommercialSkip.  Seems
> that adding the enhancement turns this off for all recordings.
> Even those in the Default group.  Skipping did work and flagging
> still does.
>
> I'm using v4 of the patch on top of 23658.

How embarrassing that your first and only test turned up a bug. :)  In
this case, there was a batch of settings lookups that I needed to move
from the NuppelVideoPlayer constructor to a slightly later point where
the PlaySettings object was available.  Somehow I missed the last of
the bunch, which was AutoCommercialSkip -- I deleted it from its
original location and didn't add it to the new location, so the entire
AutoCommercialSkip setting was ignored as you observed.  The fix is
trivial.

> Before I try to test other settings, would you be kind enough
> to look at http://www.pastebin.ca/1822093 and tell me that
> what was added via the GUI is expected/correct?

This is correct.

> Also, should the results be reported to this list?  One at at time
> or in batch?

My preference would be this thread, one at a time or as you see fit.
I can post an updated patch tomorrow.  Thanks again for helping with
the testing.

Jim