[mythtv-users] Best method to change from OTA to Unencrypted Cable Channels

robert Larson dewmanstl at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 20:05:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

I just upgraded out tv watching experience from a OTA antenna to Basic
cable. We will now have 80 some channels instead of 5. What would be
the best method of adding the channels into myth? I get my listings
from SD, so I know that I will need to go there and update the channel
listings for my area, but I am not very sure as to what settings I
should use for scanning the channels.

I do know that there is some HD channels with our package and I do
have a HD tuner card (AVerTV HD A180)

I tried to do quick scan and I found that it didn't lock on to
anything (but that is more then likely user error) The cable company
that we use is not charter or comcast. Its the local cable company
that is pretty small. I do know that they use STD as the signal but
that's about it. Any ideas would be helpful. All the channels are open
and are not encrypted.

Thanks

--
insert witty comment here