[mythtv-users] Starting recordings early and finishing late not working

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 09:54:50 UTC 2010

In article <VA.00002569.026d241f at foxhill.co.uk>, Ian Oliver wrote:
> I have now tweaked existing rules, and set a test recording, which got padded in
> the right direction.

OK, I set five mins early start and 10 mins late end. I also cut the tuner pre-
start to just a few seconds.

Now we have a new problem!

My daughter set Friends to record at 5pm to 5:30pm and 5:30pm to 6pm on E4. This
has been recording two Friends per day for weeks. When I cut the tuner pre-start,
she started missing the start as this scheduled event didn't have the five mins
early start. So, I deleted the rules and created two new ones, again using
"Recording this time slot every day"

One of the rules is recording every day, but they other says it will record on the
5th but then not again until the 10th. The show does seem to occasionally move five
minutes in the schedule - could this be the problem?  I wonder why it was working
before?

Thanks

Ian