[mythtv-users] mythfrontend database connection errors

Shreyas A shreyas at umd.edu
Sat Mar 6 16:39:58 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

I had come across http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=45058, but thought it
didn't apply to me because I was using mysql 5.1.44-2 (from debian sid
distribution). However, it seems that it had that patch problem, because
5.1.44-3 changelog says:

mysql-dfsg-5.1 (5.1.44-3) unstable; urgency=low

  * Add patch that reinstates the reloading of character set data when a
    mysql_library_init() is done after a mysql_library_end().
    (closes: #569549, #569595)

 -- Norbert Tretkowski <nobse at debian.org>  Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:22:35 +0100

So I have upgraded to this version and am going to give this a try for a
couple of days.

Thank you for your assistance.

Shreyas.