[mythtv-users] Record protection ?

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Mar 7 00:10:29 UTC 2010

All,

  Is there some kind of record protection to be found now on certain
cable TV channels ?  I'm asking because I'm puzzled by the poor
crackling sound of one recorded program, two weeks in a row.  The video
is fine, but the sound is not pleasant at all.  On the same channel,
and hour and a half before that show, another show recorded just fine.
All of the shows since two weeks are recording fine except for that
one.  Other shows from the same channel records fine.

  So before I start to think that Mythdora/Linux/the computer has some
problem I'm wondering if there's some kind of record protection that is
starting to be used.