[mythtv-users] vdpau - frame jitters after recent upgrade

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 05:40:04 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've been happily running mythtv 0.22 with vdpau and an HD-PVR and watching
HD content with no issues.  Recently I started experiencing frame jitters in
some HD recordings which has made HD unwatchable.  I see tons of the
following errors in the mythfrontend log:

[h264_vdpau @ 0x13146e0]number of reference frames exceeds max (probably
corrupt input), discarding one

and also tons of:

2010-03-06 21:50:18.848 [h264_vdpau @ 0x13146e0]mmco: unref short failure
2010-03-06 21:50:18.848 [h264_vdpau @ 0x13146e0]illegal short term buffer
state detected

If I exit the video and then go back in the video will be ok for a couple
minutes and then encounter another error and then the problem will start
again until I exit.

Did something in a recent upgrade occur to make this happen?

Im running mythbuntu with the version = 0.22.0+fixes23604

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Nik-