[mythtv-users] HDPVR Recording Gaps

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Sun Mar 7 08:40:07 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 11:27 AM, John Baab <john.baab at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wondering if anyone else is seeing this or has a good solution to the
> issue.  Each weekday I record Around the Horn and PTI back to back, in
> the past I have used my pvr150 and then later on firewire for this.
> Using the those tuners I would get a 2nd recording that picked up
> right where the first recording left off.
>
> Now I am currently using the HDPVR with the 6200ch channel changing
> script from contrib (.22 fixes).  I am seeing a gap in between
> recordings, so the first one ends when it should but then the 2nd one
> starts maybe 15-20 seconds too late.  Anyone else noticing this,
> anyone have any ideas on a fix or work around?

If the programs are on the same channel, the low-tech solution I use is to
extend the recording time of the first show long enough to record the
second.  I use it for Daily Show/Colbert Report and The Office/30 Rock.
 Lame and not particularly robust, but it works.

Don't think there's much you can do if it's changing channels...