[mythtv-users] Analog channel scan bug?

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Mon Mar 8 14:54:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Dan Armbrust
<daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just  installed Mythbuntu, 9.10 (sorry, don't have the exact version
> of myth at the moment)
>
> When I try to scan for NTSC channels using the Analog side of my
> HVR-1600, it scans about 1/3 of the channels, and then stops.
>
> Is this the same as the Analog scan issue that was discussed here
> recently?  I'm a bit confused, because that Analog scan bug that was
> mentioned said that Analog scanning was disabled.  But my install lets
> me scan.. it just fails.
>
> If it is the same bug, can I get the fix by going to
> http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds ?
>
> If not, where do I start looking to figure out what is broke?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

The analog channel scanner was effectively removed from the product
before 0.22 was released, since it was known to be broken.  You
managed to find the code path which allowed you to try functionality
that was meant to be disabled completely.

I dug up the ticket where the analog channel scanner code was disabled in 0.22.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6530

Your only options are to use SchedulesDirect, add the channels
manually with the channel editor, or reinstall 0.21, do the channel
scan, and then upgrade to 0.22.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs